Today, I choose faith.
Faith that God is in control.
Faith that life has meaning and purpose.
Faith that I am not alone.
How can I say this when the world around me is enveloped in disaster, disease and death? Am I being blind to reality? Am I choosing to live in a fantasy world? What about the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile? What about the millions dying from AIDS in central Africa? What about the starving and the homeless in India, New York City, and my hometown?
These things are exactly WHY I choose faith, for the alternative is chaos and fear.
- An unseen concept that touches everything in our life by its presence or absence.
- A choice-as is love, fear, hope, or despair. I refuse to allow my life to be controlled by fear. It is unacceptable. I am a child of the King, born of faith in the blood spilled at Calvary. I am an heir of God, a joint-heir with Jesus Christ and I am willing to stand against fear to experience victory and peace now.
- The opposite of fear-the antithesis or neutralizing agent to chaos and fear. Faith and fear cannot exist together-one cancels out the other. It’s our choice which one we give supremacy in our minds. When we give in to fear, chaos reigns and we are powerless to stop it.
- The bedrock of our lives upon which everything rests. We receive the new life in Christ through faith in the shed blood. Paul warns the church in Galatians 3 to continue in faith the same way they had begun.
Galatians 3:3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?
- The lack of faith is sin-according to the Bible. (Rom 14:23) A choice against faith is a choice against God. Hebrews 1:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Fear and chaos will reign in this world until Jesus comes back but we, as believers, can refuse to give in to fear and can choose to use faith to fight back.
The battle is intense, against a very real and powerful enemy. We will get tired and we will not win every battle, but, when we fall, faith in God’s promise and His unfailing love for us will lift us to our feet and give us the strength to turn back into the battle to fight again.
That is what this site is all about. I invite you to join me as I choose to believe God's word is true and live my life accordingly. Choosing the faith life is never easy. It goes against the thought patterns of the world. We have to make a conscious choice of faith a daily thing. I will be chronicling my struggles to walk this path. I hope you join me not only in the walk but also in the recording of the effort and it’s results.
And, so, today, join me as I choose faith.
Ephesians 6: 10-17, NIV
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.